NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN TO U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. ENTRANTS WHO ARE NOT OF LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE ("MINOR") MUST HAVE THEIR PARENTS' OR LEGAL GUARDIANS' ("PARENT") CONSENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND SUCH ENTRY WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED BY THE PARENT.
GRAND PRIZE IS TWO (2) TICKETS TO ATTEND THE PALEYFEST LA SUPERGIRL EVENT AT THE PALEY CENTER LOCATED AT THE DOLBY THEATRE, 6801 HOLLYWOOD BLVD., HOLLYWOOD, CA 90028. GRAND PRIZE WINNER AND GUEST MUST (I) BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND THE PALEY CENTER AT 7PM ON MARCH 13, 2016 AND (II) BE AVAILABE TO PICK UP THE TICKETS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRIZE AT THE DOLBY THEATER WILL CALL DESK BY NO LATER THAN 6 PM PT ON MARCH 13, 2016. GRAND PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL OR LODGING AND IS SUBJECT TO ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS*
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING) IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS VERIFY THAT THEY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CREATE A CONTRACT SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUCH CONTRACT INCLUDES GRANTS OF RIGHTS AND INDEMNITIES TO SPONSOR FROM YOU, A CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
A FREE DC ALL ACCESS APP AND ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
1. SPONSOR: DC Entertainment, 2900 W. Alameda Avenue, Burbank, California 91505. "Sponsor and its agents" shall mean DC Entertainment, its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is (1) open to legal residents in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and have Internet access; (2) void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law; and (3) subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Entrants who are not of the age of majority in their state of residence ("Minor") must have their parents’ or legal guardians’ ("Parent") consent to participate in the Sweepstakes and such entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Parent. Employees of DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., CBS Corporation, The Paley Center, and organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of the television series, SUPERGIRL, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win.
3. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins on February 25, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on March 2, 2016 at 9:59 a.m. PT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). To enter the Sweepstakes, follow the steps below:
(i) Download the free DC All Access App onto your smartphone or compatible mobile device (for iOS, available through the Apple App Store at: http://apple.co/1LdAO3H, or for Android, available through the Google Play store at: http://bit.ly/1S2iKLB);
(ii) Open the DC All Access app and login if you already have an account or register for a free DC All Access app account by providing the required information and following the instructions on your screen;
(iii) Go to the “Challenges” section, open the “SUPERGIRL PaleyFest Sweepstakes” challenge;
(iv) Enter the code “SUPERGIRL” and press the “Submit Code” button (“Entry”).
Limit one (1) Entry per person per DC All Access account accepted during the Sweepstakes Period. You may only use one (1) DC All Access account in the Sweepstakes. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same DC All Access account. If more than one such Entry is submitted during the Sweepstakes Period only the first such Entry submitted will be accepted. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries. By using your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. You should contact your wireless carrier for more information about your service agreement, messaging rate plan and other charges.
Entrants further agree that by entering, entrant complies with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries and Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Proof of entering information at Web site does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the Entry is submitted. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. POTENTIAL WINNERS SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential winner will be selected in one (1) random drawing from among all eligible Entries received. Random drawings will be conducted on or about March 4, 2016 by Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes ("Potential Winners"). Entrants need not be present to win. Potential Winners will be notified by e-mail ("Prize Notification") and (or Parent if a Potential Winner is a Minor) must provide by e-mail within three (3) calendar days of the date of the Prize Notification (the "Deadline"), his/her full name, date of birth, and any additional information ("Information"). If a Potential Winner does not provide the Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries Sponsor received for the original drawing. Potential Winners may also be required to complete, sign, and return to Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. Once Sponsor receives a Potential Winner's Mailing Information and if required by Sponsor, a completed and signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, Sponsor shall declare that Potential Winner the winner ("Grand Prize Winner"). Return of any Prize Notification or prizes will result in disqualification and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate Potential Winner may be selected by Sponsor or its designee from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. If an alternate Potential Winner is selected, Sponsor shall repeat the winner selection and notification procedures set forth in this Section 4 until a qualified Grand Prize Winner has been selected, if time permits. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the Entry will deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account associated with the DC All Access account used to participate in the Sweepstakes. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
5. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING:
One (1) grand prize winner ("Grand Prize Winner") will receive the following:
• Two (2) PaleyFest LA tickets* to see SUPERGIRL cast at The Paley Center located at The Dolby Theatre, 6801 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood California 90028 on March 13, 2016 at 7pm.
*See additional prize conditions under Section 7, below.
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) for each ticket: $50.00
Total ARV for the Grand Prize: $100.00
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of each Grand Prize will be determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion. The Grand Prize is subject to availability and may not be awarded. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. The Grand Prize is non-transferable. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. The Grand Prize is awarded "AS IS" and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Grand Prize is at the Grand Prize Winner and Grand Prize Winner’s guest’s sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any such prizes.
*Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Travel (air or ground) to the Paley Center; (2) lodging; and any other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of the Grand Prize are solely the responsibility of Grand Prize Winner and Grand Prize Winner’s guest. Grand Prize Winner’s guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Grand Prize Winner and guest must (i) be available to attend The Paley Center at 7pm PT on March 13, 2016 and (ii) be available to pick up the tickets at The Paley Center by no later than 6 PM PT on March 13, 2016. If the PALEYFEST LA: SUPERGIRL Event is cancelled, rescheduled or unavailable for any reason, or the Grand Prize Winner and Grand Prize Winner’s guest cannot travel to the PALEYFEST LA: SUPERGIRL Event, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall be under no obligation to reschedule substitute with another prize.
7. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges is the sole responsibility of the Grand Winner. Grand Prize Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of their prizes. Any additional expenses not included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
10. INTERNET: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes, DC All Access app (“Web site”), and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice and to select the winner from all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of Website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
11. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that all issues, disputes and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of California. If any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, the Official Rules, or the breach of any term hereof cannot be otherwise resolved, it must be submitted exclusively to binding arbitration conducted in the county of Los Angeles, and administered by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”) in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (the “JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be an experienced arbitrator licensed to practice law in California. The decision of the arbitrator shall be binding, final and conclusive and shall not be appealable to any court. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100), and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential or incidental damages, including attorneys’ fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief, and entrant (or the entrant’s parent if entrant is a Minor) further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Notwithstanding the above, each entrant agrees that any disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the Grand Prize awarded or the determination of a Grand Prize Winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
13. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a Winners List or a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "PALEYFEST LA: SUPERGIRL EVENT Sweepstakes" Winners List/Official Rules, 2900 W. Alameda Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505, to be received no later than April 2, 2016.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor at email@example.com and not Facebook or Twitter. By entering the Sweepstakes, you understand that you are submitting your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter.
Reference to third parties in connection with the prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor for the Sweepstakes.